Saturday 14 January 2006

EBBP3: Comfort Food from Dagmar's Kitchen

Dagmar's Comfort Food
Ahhh, I finally received my long awaited comfort food coming straight from Sweden! The moment the postman handed my husband the package I dropped everything I was doing and gave it my undivided attention, gingerly, excitedly taking each one of the contents. Christmas came again that Wednesday morning! :) My generous benefactor is Dagmar of A Cat In The Kitchen who not only gave me lots of chocolates and snacks but included a Veggie cookbook which right now intrigues me a lot. I will definitely give at least a few of the recipes there a try.

The current theme of the 3rd edition of the European Blogging By Post (EBBP) is 'comfort' as well explained by the our host Johanna of the Passionate Cook (who BTW already have a round up). I love this blogging event very much. It gives us a way to have a cultural exchange through food. You not only learn of different types of food from other places, you also get to know a new food blogger plus you get that wonderful surprise of a package.

Dagmar's package has the following:
  • Plopp - milk chocolate with toffee filling
  • Kexchoklad - milk chocolate covered wafers
  • Schweizernot - milk chocolate with hazelnuts
  • Daim - milk chocolate with crunchy caramel and almonds
  • Parlboll - chocolate ball **my favourite**
  • Punschrulle - marzipan and chocolate
  • Not-Creme - chocolate nut spread
  • Ahlgrens Bilar - car-shaped marshmallows
  • Tivoli - rhubard-flavoured candy bar
  • Svenska Lantchips - sourcream flavoured crisps
  • Veggie cookbook
  • Dagmar's Chocolate Drink
Spiced Chocolate Drink
I gotta tell you, her chocolate drink got me hooked. I just loved the subtle spices spiking this rich chocolate drink. First time I tried it I was supposed to have a small cup but ended up drinking 2 big mugs. It's that nice, as nice as its maker who was kind enough to share the recipe. As she said - a good thing about it is that most people would have the ingredients in their cupboard so it's not that hard to do. Thanks very very much Dagmar, here's a chocolatey cheers to you. Cheers!

Spiced Drinking Chocolate


Spiced Chocolate Drink

75 g  [2/3 cup + 2 tsp] cocoa
70 g  [2/3 cup + 2 tsp] caster sugar (superfine)
2 tsp vanilla sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cardamon
2-3 pinches of cayenne pepper
about 25 g  chunks of dark chocolates
about 25 g  chunks of white chocolates
  1. Combine all ingredients. Heat some milk and add some of the mix according to your taste, try it out and add more of the spices if wanted/needed.
  2. Put in decorative jars. This makes a nice gift to give to friends.

No comments: