Thursday 25 August 2005

Filipino Cuisine - a 'sleeper'

I was food blog hopping when I came by this heartening article at the Honolulu Advertiser via Reid's blog:
News that Cris Comerford, a naturalized U.S. citizen from the Philippines, was appointed as the White House executive chef got me thinking about our own homegrown Filipino chefs who hold similar positions at some of the Island's more popular restaurants.
...
"I think her (Comerford's) appointment to such a high-profile position is a tribute to all Filipinos who work in the restaurant industry, and there a lot of us," said Limcaco, who last week served military generals an amuse bouche (teaser) of kare kare, the Filipino version of oxtail stew flavored with peanut butter. " I think Filipino cuisine is a sleeper, which means it has yet to be discovered."

To see the original article, click over here.


No comments: